We invite submissions on topics included but not limited to:
- reasoning systems that integrate logic-based methods with neural networks;
- creation, evaluation, and criticism of NLI datasets;
- training data augmentation using logic;
- explainable models of NLI;
- opening the “black box” of machine learning in NLI;
- probabilistic semantics in connection with NLI;
- downstream applications of NLI;
- comparison and contrast between human-level and machine-level work in NLI;
- linguistics semantics and contemporary NLI.
- dialogue systems, QA and information retrieval systems that use (natural) logic and machine learning.
We invite two types of submission:
- Archival (long or short) papers should report on complete, original and unpublished research. Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings and appear in the ACL anthology.
- Extended abstracts may report on work in progress or work that was recently published/accepted at a different venue. Extended abstracts will not be included in the workshop proceedings. Thus, the unpublished work will retain the status and can be submitted to another venue. Extended abstracts will be linked at the workshop webpage.
Both accepted papers and extended abstracts are expected to be presented at the workshop. Extended abstracts will be presented as talks or posters if selected by the program committee.
Authors must submit non-anonymized extended abstracts or papers before April 22. Both extended abstracts and papers must be formatted according to the ACL style. The extended abstracts should not contain an abstract section and may consist of up to 2 pages of content, plus unlimited references. Short and long papers may consist of up to 4 and 8 pages of content, respectively, plus unlimited references. Camera-ready versions of papers will be given one additional page of content so that reviewers’ comments can be taken into account.
Both extended abstracts and follow-up papers should be submitted via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nlmml20
Submission of papers & extended abstracts:
April 15 April 22
Notification: May 1
Final versions due: June 1
Workshop: July 12-17