Event title: Relieving the pain in the neck in natural language processing. PARSEME 7th general meeting, final meeting of the action.
Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia, Centre for Advanced Academic Studies (CAAS), Don Frana Bulića 4, 20000 Dubrovnik
Dates: 26-27 September 2016 (Monday-Tuesday, probably followed by a one-day tour with one night at your own cost)
Local Organizer: Marko Tadić, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
New! See some more photos by Agata and Cvetana.
Posters: call for posters (extended submission deadline:
31 May 2016 6 June 2016).
PARSEME follow-up initiatives: Three initiatives have been submitted and presented as posters.
|Monday, 26 September||Tuesday, 27 September|
|8:30-9:00||registration and poster hanging|
|9:00-9:30||(session 1, chair: Agata Savary) opening plenary session and the Managment Committee meeting||9:00-10:30||(session 8) parallel working sessions
|9:30-10:00||(session 2) plenary poster presentations A (2 minutes per poster)|
|10:00-11:00||(session 3) poster session A|
|11:00-12:30||(session 9) parallel working sessions|
|11:30-12:00||(session 5) plenary poster presentations B (2 minutes per poster)|
|12:00-13:00||(session 6) poster session B|
|14:00-15:15||(session 10) WG3 and WG4 parallel working sessions
|14:30-17:00||(session 7) shared task Annotathon (part 1)
partly in parallel: 14:30-15:00 Steering Committee meeting
|15:35-16:50||(session 11) parallel working sessions|
|16:50-17:00||(session 12) plenary closing session (summary of WG sessions)|
|17:15||departure for the Dubrovnik tour and the gala dinner||17:00-18:30||(session 13) MWE games|
|Wednesday, 28 September - sightseeing tour at your own cost (details below)|
- Monday evening: a guided tour to Dubrovnik and a gala dinner.
- Wednesday: A sightseeing tour to the town of Ston (with a visit to the saltworks and its remarkable walls) and to the Renaissance arboretum in Trsteno (run by Croatian Academy). Note that the tour and the extra night from Wednesday to Thursday cannot be reimbursed by COST and have to be covered by the participants themselves. But it will be worth it! More details will appear soon.
Accommodation and meals:
- Centre for Advanced Academic Studies (CAAS) - the dormitory of the meeting venue. Available apartments: single, double, twin (see the list of prices 1 and 2). Please note that breakfast is not included.
- Hotels within walking distance or with a convenient access to public transport e.g.:
- Hotel Lero (ca 130 EUR/night, special rates at about 100 EUR are probable in case of bulk booking), 10 min walking
- Hilton Imperial (ca 320 EUR/night), across the street
- Hotel Excelsior (ca 270 EUR/night), 15 min walking
- Hotel Argentina (ca 230 EUR/night), 16 min walking
- Hotel Petka (ca 130 EUR/night), 10 min by bus
- Breakfasts are not included in the CAAS booking, and will have to be arranged by the participants on their own. The hotel reimbursement rates are calculated so as to cover this extra expense.
- Lunches and a gala dinner will be provided by the local organizer. Each participant needs to pay 60 EUR for them upon arrival, and will be reimbursed on return.
Reimbursement: In order to apply for the reimbursement for this meeting, please accept the invitation that will be sent to you via e-COST before the meeting. After the meeting, fill in the reimbursement form that will be available online via the e-COST system and upload all relevant signed documents, as indicated in the reimbursement form. Before making any arrangements read general rules for the reimbursement described also in the Vademecum, pp. 19-23.The reimbursement rate for accommodation is 70 EUR/night, max. 3 nights (25-28 September).
External members (who have not received the e-COST invitation) can also participate freely but will not be reimbursed for their travel and stay.