PARSEME co-organized the annual Multi-Word Expressions Workshop on 26-27 April 2014. It was co-located with the EACL 2014 conference. It included special track dedicated to PARSEME. The action funded the travel and stay for 24 workshop participants.
See some photos of the event.
2330 January 2014: submission deadline 2025 February 2014: notification of acceptance
- 3 March 2014: camera-ready papers due
- 26-27 April 2014: MWE Workshop dates
PARSEME will fund the travel and stay at the MWE 2014 workshop for about 20 participants from the PARSEME member countries. Priority is given to:
- the presenters of the PARSEME special track session,
- Early-Stage Researchers (PhD students or researchers having obtained their PhD degree no earlier than 8 years before: (i) their involvement in PARSEME, or (ii) the date of the MWE 2014 workshop, whichever is applicable)
- PARSEME action members
- estimation of you travel costs
- are you a paper/poster presenter at the MWE workshop?
- are you a PhD student?
- if you already have you PhD, when did you receive it (the precise date is needed to check your Early-Stage Researcher status)?
- are you a member of at least one Working Group in PARSEME?
- if you are no PARSEME member, describe in several sentences your scientific interests and achievements related to MWEs and/or parsing
The selection of applicants entitled to reimbursement will be done by the PARSEME Steering Committee.
The following rates apply:
- Hotel: 120 € per night (flat rate). The number of the reimbursed nights is equal to the number attended worhshop days plus 1 (in case the participant arrives earlier than his first attended day and leaves later than his last attended day). An attendance list must be signed each day of presence at the workshop.
- Meals: 20 € per meal (flat rate).
- Travel: real costs limited to 1200 € (economy class air tickets, train tickets, local transport, etc.).
- Workshop admission fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
Detailed reimbursement rules are defined in the COST Vademecum, pp. 26-28, section 4.1. Note that the applicants selected for the grant will have to cover their travel and stay in advance and will be reimbursed on return. In order to benefit from the reimbursement, they will receive a formal invitation via the e-COST system, which they should accept before their travel.
- 3 March 2014: deadline for applications
- 18 March 2014: extended deadline for PARSEME members
- 22 March 2014: notification to applicants