"MY PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS ARE RELEVANT TO PARSING AND MULTI-WORD EXPRESSIONS. I HAVE HEARD ABOUT PARSEME. HOW CAN I JOIN THE ACTION?"
The principle of any COST action is to be open to new members. Here is the lightweight admission procedure:
- Check if your country is an official member of PARSEME.
- If your country is not an official member, contact your COST National Coordinator. He/she will be in charge of signing the action's Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of your country. You may become its official representative at the Management Committee. If your country joins the action after November 2013 it will need a formal agreement from the Management Committee.
- If your country already is an official member, read the scientific program of the action (see the Memorandum of Understanding, pp. 12-17) and the description of the Working Groups (WGs). Choose one or more Working Groups which you would like to participate in.
- Fill in the application form with the following data:
- personal webpage address (if any),
- Early Stage Researcher status (are you a PhD student or have you received your PhD later than 8 years before the beginning of your involvement in the action?),
- female/male status (for the sake of gender balance reporting),
- languages under study,
- numbers of the Working Groups which you would like to join, a short scientific statement of interest (up to 2500 characters) describing your previous and planned contributions to WG-related topics.