Deadlines for Applications
The deadline for the missions planned for the forth budget year (until 7th March 2016) is 7th November 2016.
- It is in the best interest of all interested researchers to apply as soon as they have made their plans.
Conditions to Apply
The objective of STSMs is to support Exchange Visits of, particularly, young scientists in an institution or laboratory in another COST Country to foster collaboration and learn new techniques.
An applicant for a STSM should be involved in a programme of research in an institution of a COST Country that is actively participating in the PARSEME COST Action as:
- A postgraduate student;
- A postdoctoral fellow;
- An employee.
A host of a STSM can be an institution in the PARSEME COST participating country (Seehttp://www.cost.eu/domains_actions/ict/Actions/IC1207?parties) or a formally approved institution in a non-COST country.
Before applying please read carefully the application STSM policy accepted by te Steering Committee in March 2015.
The simplified procedure for application for STSMs is as follows:
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution before submitting her/his application.
- The applicant must register on-line using the registration tool (https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm).
- A formal STSM application (produced by the on-line registration tool) has to be sent to the future host institution of the planned visit and to the Chair of the Management Committee or to the STSM coordinator.
- After the (positive) assessment of the application, the Chair of the Management Committee or the STSM coordinator will inform the Grant Holder.
- The Grant Holder will send a Grant Letter to the applicant informing her/him about the approval of the STMS and the level of the financial grant given.
- After completion of the STSM the grantee has to submit, within 4 weeks, a short scientific report to the host institution and to the Chair of the Management Committee or to the STSM coordinator.
- The Chair of the Management Committee or to the STSM coordinator has to approve the scientific report, inform the Grant Holder and after that the grant can be paid to the grantee.
The applicants should understand this procedure and prepare their application in time.
Please note that each STSM has to start and end in one grant period. The Steering Committee will decide on the announced day on all submissions falling in the next grant period. Applications for the current budget year are served on the first-come-first-served basis (after SC validation) until the fund is exhausted.
Link to COST
For all details on STSMs, and especially on application procedure, the applicant should consult the COST Vademecum section 7.