PARSEME co-organized the 2nd Workshop on Multi-word Units in Machine Translation and Translation Technology (MUMTTT 2015) on 1-2 July 2015 held as part of the EUROPHRAS 2015 conference: "Computerised and Corpus-based Approaches to Phraseology: Monolingual and Multilingual Perspectives" (M√°laga, 29 June ‚Äì 1 July 2015). The workshop gathered over 53 participants and offered very interesting talks and posters. We received 23 submissions and admitted 11 long papers and 4 posters. The overall acceptance rate was of 47% for oral presentations and of 65% for all submissions. We had one invited speaker (Kathrin Steyer, president of Europhras). PARSEME is also funding travel and stay for 19 participants of the workshop.
The proceedings of the workshop are available online.
31 March 2015: extended deadline for abstract submission 30 April 2015: notification of acceptance 1-2 July 2015: MUMTTT Workshop 15 July 2015: submission of full papers
PARSEME will fund the travel and stay at the MUMTTT 2015 workshop for about 20 participants from the PARSEME member countries. Priority is given to:
- the presenters at the workshop,
- Early-Stage Researchers (PhD students or researchers having obtained their PhD degree no earlier than 8 years before: (i) their involvement in PARSEME, or (ii) the date of the MWE 2014 workshop, whichever is applicable)
- PARSEME action members
- title (Mr, Mrs, Dr., Prof., etc.)
- given name
- estimation of you travel costs
- are you a paper presenter at the MUMTTT workshop?
- are you a PhD student?
- if you already have you PhD, when did you receive it (the precise date is needed to check your Early-Stage Researcher status)?
- are you a member of at least one Working Group in PARSEME?
- if you are no PARSEME member, describe in several sentences your scientific interests and achievements related to MWEs and/or parsing
The selection of applicants entitled to reimbursement will be done by the PARSEME Steering Committee.
The reimbursement rates:
- Hotel: 90 EUR per night (flat rate). The number of the reimbursed nights is equal to the number attended worhshop days plus 1 (in case the participant arrives earlier than her/his first attended day and leaves later than his last attended day). An attendance list must be signed each day of presence at the workshop.
- Meals: 20 EUR per meal (flat rate).
- Travel: real costs limited to 1200 ‚Ç¨ (economy class air tickets, train tickets, local transport, etc.).
- Workshop admission fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
Detailed reimbursement rules are defined in the COST Vademecum, pp. 19-23, section 4. Note that the applicants selected for the grant will have to cover their travel and stay in advance and will be reimbursed on return. In order to benefit from the reimbursement, they will receive a formal invitation via the e-COST system, which they should accept before their travel.
4 May18 May 2015: extended deadline for applications for reimbursement 1822 May 2015: notification to applicants