For more information consult the overview page of the book project.
List of potential contributions
The following outlines have been selected for submission as chapter drafts. The final decision on the inclusion of chapters in the book will depend on the result of the external reviewing.
- Sascha Bargmann & Manfred Sailer: Syntactic Flexibility of Non-decomposable Idioms [slide, poster]
- Lars Borin: Is a cross-linguistic typology of multiword expressions useful or even possible?
- Natalia Filatkina: MWEs cross-linguistically: benefits and challenges from a historical perspective
- Aggeliki Fotopoulou &Voula Giouli: MWEs and the Emotion Lexicon: Typological and cross-lingual considerations [slide]
- Patrick Hanks, Ismail Maarouf & Michael Oakes: Automatic extraction of MWEs for the Pattern Dictionary of English Verbs [slide]
- Ho Jia Qian, Francis Bond, Dan Flickinger & Christiane Fellbaum: Losing one‚Äôs mind over meaning: Analysing the decomposability of possessive idioms
- Cvetana Krstev, Svetla Koeva, Dusko Vitas, Tita Kyriacopoulou, Claude Martineau, Tsvetana Dimitrova: Semantic and Syntactic Patterns of Multiword Names (a Cross-language Study) [slide]
- Koenraad Kuiper: Parameters of variation in the cross-linguistic analysis of phraseology [video, poster]
- Eric Laporte: Choosing features for classifying multiword expressions [poster, video]
- Stella Markantonatou & Niki Samaridi: New LFG Grammatical Function (GF) for (free subject) verb MWEs [slide, poster]
- Verginica Barbu Mititelu, Svetlozara Leseva, Borislav Rizov: Derivation and multi-word expressions [slide,video]
- Petya Osenova, Kiril Simov and Aleksandar Popov: Multiword Expressions: observations from a parallel BG-EN newsmedia corpus [slide]
- Vesna Pajic, Cvetana Krstev, Ranka Stanković, Staša Vujičić Stanković: Multiword Term Extraction: The Multilingual Perspective
- Jelena Parizoska: Idiom variation in English and Croatian [poster]
- Carla Parra Escartín, Almudena Nevado Llopis, Eoghan Sánchez Martnez & María Pilar Cardos Murillo: Spanish Multword Expressions: typology and cross-lingual analysis from a traductological viewpoint [slide]
- Elisabeth Piirainen: MWEs from a multi-lingual perspective: New insights into syntactic, lexical and seman-tic parallels of multiword expressions in diverse languages
We decided to submit the book proposal to the Language Science Press, as a volume in the series Empirically Oriented Theoretical Morphology and Syntax.
- Submissions should not exceed 20 pages (including everything).
Submissions should follow the formatting guidelines of LSP [lsp-guidelines.pdf]:
- References should be in the format of the Unified Style Sheet for Linguistics, available at http://celxj.org/downloads/UnifiedStyleSheet.pdf. Latex users can use the bibliography style included in the package.
- Submissions are due no later than August 15, 2015
- If you consider to include a data set, please let us know! There will be a way to make your data available and there will be a link to them from the book's web page. Please add a specification to your submission, including the properties of your dataset.